Visiting pages on our website;
Making an online donation;
Registering for a program or an event; and
Registering to participate in an advocacy or public awareness campaign.
What we collect when you visit our website:
We may collect personal and non-personal information that you choose to supply to Hero Missions such as the following, Personal information, such as:
* Contact information including name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number;
* Demographic and other information including job title, postcode, preferences, and interests;
* Financial information such as credit card number, expiration date, security code, bank routing number, and account number; Non-personal information, such as:
* Session cookies to help you navigate through our website when you log into a password-only area;
* Internet protocol (“IP”) address and browsing variables (e.g., domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend at our website, etc.);
* Other information pertaining to our alumni program; and
* Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website.
What We Do With the Information We Gather:
Generally, we request and use personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as making a donation and participating in events. We also use information, such as cookies and IP information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons: use of this website. This Policy is effective from [November], 2016.
When We Collect Information
* Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis;
* Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions, provided you have opted in to receive such communications;
* Improve our programs and services;
* Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing;
* Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing;
* Share information (e.g., your name and address) with third parties if you make a donation in honor or memory of a third party; and
Is My Credit Card Information Secure?
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security, and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, many of those companies also use encryption and/or other security measures. You can make financial contributions online, by mail, or by calling 855.LIL.HERO(545-4376).
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.